Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fire Alarm Works!

Last night we got to meet a few more neighbors. Outside at 10:00 PM. In our pajamas.

There we were, watching the end of The Biggest Loser, winding down from a typical Tuesday. When all of a sudden a loud painful noise burst into our quiet, comfortable living room. The fire alarm had begun ringing. Did I mention it was loud? I think my ears are still ringing.

We quickly gathered our shoes and went into the hall where our neighbors lingered and looked confused. I thought that since it was in fact the fire alarm ringing that perhaps going outside would be a good idea. We took the stairs where we found a very confused looking old man in a robe staring into the parking garage. "Let's go outside," I may have said. I can't remember. Loud ringing noise make JC's brain hurty. (BTW, he followed us outside... after he picked himself off the ground from when I knocked him down trying to get outside).

It wasn't until we got outside that I realized the front of my shirt was wet.
"How did I get wet?"
Lynette kindly said, "Dude, that's milk! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!" Or something like along those lines. Yup, I was enjoying a cool, refreshing glass of milk the moment the alarm sounded. According to my loving wife who saw everything, I was in mid-sip at the exact moment the alarm scared the crap out me. My arm jerked and I inadvertently threw milk in my own face. Whether or not milk was still dripping from my face as we rushed through the building I cannot say.

"Hey, did you see the guy with milk all over his face?" Hey, at least I had pants on.

Also, no, our single friend Catherine did not meet a fireman. I knew she should've been standing closer to the fire truck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Tuesday is complete without a friendly fireman in full gear!

As I've said before, I don't mean to laugh, but the thought of your hand "jerking" the milk glass in mid-sip…and seeing milk pour off the side of your face not knowing what the hell was making that loud noise...well...it was scary and funny all at the same time.

And now, I believe I have temporary hearing trama.