Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm back.

Back from vacation. I went to Chicago to visit friends and family. Fun was had. Food was eaten. Beer drank. The drive was long. I'm pretty sick of Ohio. And Indiana. I did manage to smuggle home two cases of Old Style. I also reaffirmed my notion that people have no idea what pizza is here on the East side of the country.

The terrain was flat. Very flat. I forgot how flat it all is. It's nice to live among hills and curves.

It's nice to be home. Home being Alexandria, Virginia, with the hills and the crappy pizza.

2 comments:

Cooper Family said...

What about that pizza place in Old Town? Chris and I went there for dinner on your recommendation and it was awesome!

Lynette said...

We're glad you like it! I picked out that place and made Jason go :) We liked it too.

The wood-fired pizza is a CA thing. In Chicago, it's all about the crust.
I don't know why it all tastes so different back home. Is it the water?