Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Moulin Rouge Friday!

Here's the thing - I am completely, totally, unreasonably in love with the movie Moulin Rouge. I know, I know, it doesn't make sense. "Jason, it's a friggin' musical, for crying out loud!" Look man, I know what it is, but there is something about this spectacular film that brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. With the exception of watching E.T. as a young boy, no other movie has had more of an emotional impact on me than Moulin Rouge. This is easily one my top five movies of ALL TIME. Baz Luhrman can do no wrong. BTW, I LIKED the little dance number he did at the Academy Awards a couple weeks ago.

And yes, I have sustained my fair share of abuse for this love. To the people who have ridiculed me for loving this movie, I pity your dark, empty souls.

No comments: