Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pig's Tail

This morning Lynette and I started back an old routine.

The alarm went off at 4:30 AM and we made our way to the gym by 5:00 AM. This is the same routine where I lost 45 pounds about two years ago. I've gained about 10 of it back and some of my t-shirts aren't fitting the way I'd like them to fit.

Refreshingly, it wasn't too difficult. The gym was nice and empty. The people in the gym at dawn are true exercisers, not the trendy, short-lived, gym-goers you find at the gym in the evening.

Of course, I start work at 7:15 AM, so I had to keep my eye on the clock. As a perk, Lynette made me a kick ass breakfast sandwich with egg and sausage and cheese and toast. It hit the spot.

So let's see where I'm at fitness/weight wise by time the swimming pool opens. By the way, I feel great. I'm the first one to work this morning and I'm kicking ass. If I'm not careful I'll have my daily allowance of work done by 8:00 AM. and the union frowns upon that type of behavior.

UPDATE: Not all people who use the gym in the evening are "trendy, short-lived gym-goers." I recognize the dedicated PM fitnessers.

3 comments:

Cooper Family said...

Hey! I'm one of those 'trendy evening gymners!' Definitely agree with you about getting your work done early - it's tough to stretch 3 emails across a 9 hour period.

Lynette said...

You two are keeeeling me with your three tasks each.

And Ross, if you're reading this, feel free to jump in. Just yesterday you admitted you didn't know what to do with yourself.

...and I did make a pretty great breakfast sandwich. I was sort of jealous when you tucked it in your bag and left.

Elwood said...

Having been both a Morning and an Evening gymmer (currently gymless, however) I agree that morning is better. I could go there and then straight to work, and that kept my routine intact.

Going in the evening, I was much more prone to say "Wouldn't you rather just go out to eat and get a drink?" and so we skipped the gym a lot.