Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No AC

I don't harbor ill-will toward people often in my life, but when I do...  Last night when I got home from my sweaty, stinky, hour-long commute which included walking and waiting and riding on a crowded metro train, I discovered that our house was no longer being "air conditioned" although I could hear the air conditioner running.  In the end we had to sleep sans AC with the promise that a repairman would be arriving at our house promptly at 7:00 AM this morning.  The motherfucker never showed.  (I save up my swear words for rainy days and decided to spend one - sorry.)  We haven't had AC since yesterday evening and now we have to start over by calling a completely new repairman and waiting for him to show up.  Meanwhile, my wife, child, and dog are all panting at home. 

If I'm not careful I might snap here at work at the first person who asks "Is it Friday yet?"

No comments: