Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fingertips

I said hi to a lady on the elevator and she said nothing.  What kind of person does that make me?  I don't know her, I don't give a rat's ass about her, I'll probably never see her again.  And yet there I go, "Hello."  *Crickets*

And that, boys and girls, is how nice guys finish last. 

Actually, that's not the attitude I'm going to have about this.  I said hello because I'm a fellow citizen in this thing we call a society.  I'm polite and generally friendly.  But honestly, blatantly not reciprocating an elevator hello is the same as replying, "Piss off."  And that's cool.  Because if this lady whose face I've already forgotten is ever dangling from the edge of a cliff and desperately needs someone to pull her up I would reach down and pull her up to safety. 

And that, boys and girls, is what Christmas is all about.  Pulling everyone up who's dangling from the edge of a cliff- even bad guys.  Merry Christmas, jerks.

No comments: