Monday, May 6, 2013

Father Humble

Just when you think it's better to hurt than be hurt, your son dislocates his elbow because you were holding onto his hand and wouldn't let go when he dropped the floor. However, I feel square with God, because I made the decision to go to the emergency room where he received a quick and simple fix.

Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, am I right? Sometimes we get reminded of how much we suck. Not that we suck all the time, or even most of the time, Just sometimes we suck. We don't mean to suck. Our suckiness is not intentional. But it is what it is. Which is to say, I think more people in this world need to be reminded how much they suck. Not by me though, because I'm a coward. But somebody should tell these people who suck how much they suck.

I'll be the first person to announce how much I suck. Not all the time, mind you, but sometimes I suck as a husband. And sometimes I suck as a dad. It's hard to admit. Harder to commit to this internet blog. But it really is the first step at fixing things that suck. I need to get better at some things.

Here's what I need to fix:

  • Anger management
  • Patience
  • Empathy
  • Premature Ejaculation*

*This one's been fixed due to my recent foray into getting healthy and losing weight, but I wanted to get it on the list so I could check something off the list. 

No comments: