Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Obstacles

Things that happened during my commute home last night:

1. Terrible train wreck on the red line (I was going in the opposite direction).

2. Police wrestled a drunk man off the yellow line and I had a front row seat.

3. The shuttle carting me home from the Metro station broke down forcing me to walk home.

On any other Monday, this would give me the right to say I had a crappy Monday. But I didn't die. So that made it a sensational Monday. A beautiful Monday.

Also, my fellow yuppie neighbors impressed me and took to hiking home along busy Van Dorn Street. I was THIS close to wrapping my pants around my head for the heat! We made quite the pale, hipster caravan. The one soldier in the group naturally led the way over smoldering four-lanes highways and through shady plaza parking lots. We arrived at our condos and townhouses with a new sense of accomplishment. Too bad we didn't get to hunt for our food.
JC

No comments: