Monday, March 28, 2011

"Double Miracle"

Went to church yesterday and Pastor Mark revealed some amazing news. NCC is adding a seventh location on Barrack's Row at Eastern Market.  The story of how this came to be is here. I am so happy to be a part of something like NCC. 

Roughly one year ago Lynette and I made the decision to find and join a church.  Our journey led us to NCC and our lives have been beautifully enriched ever since.  Aside from connecting (reconnecting?) with God, we have made several new friends and found more meaning in our daily lives.  It's hard to quantify the upsurge in positive energy I feel around me, but I can confidently say attending NCC every Sunday gives me such a fresh perspective on the world as I head back into my daily routine for the week. 

Before NCC, my memory of church was a glum one: Put on uncomfortable church clothes, sit in an uncomfortable pew, sing uncomfortable hymns, and read uncomfortable lines of text like programmed robots.  All while surrounded by flocks of elderly people.  (No wonder "the church" is dying.)

Then we found NCC... Thank God.

No comments: