Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Painting

There are several shades of blue paint samples hanging in our future baby's room.  Our "stuff" has been cleared out and taken to storage.  Twelve years of cohabitation has resulted in an accumulation of many boxes of photos and notebooks and trinkets.  My favorite box was the largest which contained many spiral notebooks full of terrible poetry I wrote in high school and college.  If I ever Make it Big those awful tomes will be worth millions! 

Once the room was completely empty Lynette and I stood in it and shared the same feeling reminiscent of when we first moved in our beautiful, tiny house.  Strangely, it seemed like this room hadn't been touched for a reason.  It was the only room we didn't paint or decorate.  It feels like it was a room waiting. 

I can't wait to fill it with life. 

No comments: