Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas is Coming, Everybody!

I'm a sucker for Christmas. I love everything about it. Regardless of religious persuasion, beliefs, etc., I find the whole rigmarole fun and exciting. Obviously, we have fond memories of Christmas as a child. I'm sure we can all remember that one special Christmas when we got that one awesome gift. I've been lucky enough to have a few Christmas mornings when I received awesome gifts.

I remember the year I got Lazer Tag. (Nerd alert!) It was the year it was the hot gift of the season. My best friend and I both asked our parents for them, but we later discovered that it was near impossible to find in the stores. Somehow momma pulled it off. I don't know how she did it. But I was like the Nintendo 64 kid when I unwrapped that gift (see video below if you don't know about the Nintendo 64 kid).

Then there was the year I got my first ten-speed bicycle. A Schwinn. Red. Beautiful.

This year will be the first year I won't be in Illinois during Christmas. Due to the new home purchase earlier this year, we cannot afford to go home. But it's going to be great. We still have plenty of gifts under our tree. I've got a grand feast planned. Each day Christmas gets nearer, I get a few more butterflies in my stomach.


No comments: