Friday, December 7, 2007

Crushloads?

I learned a new word yesterday: crushload. As in, "Metro customers, please be advised that we are currently experiencing crushloads."

The man whose body I was spooning asked, "What's a crushload?"

With my mouth centimeters away from his ear, I replied, "You're in it, buddy."

Due to the annual White House Christmas tree lighting ceremony, last night's evening commute was nothing short of epic.

I purposefully took the train into work yesterday to avoid said commute because I made the mistake of getting caught in it last year. Guess I wasn't the only "smart guy."

Oh yeah, and there was also a "suspicious package" found at the Pentagon station causing a delay for a few hours yesterday afternoon (probably somebody's half-eaten braunschweiger sandwich) . The proverbial cherry on top.

I eventually made it to my final destination, fought to get off the train car, and decided to walk home rather than take a taxi. I estimated a 10 to 15 minute walk.

25 minutes later I arrived home. Hands frozen, face numb. Crushloads on my mind.

No comments: