Thursday, December 27, 2007

Post Holiday Cheer

Is it over? Already?

I'm back at work today. Though I think I'm the only one. No one on the road this morning. No one at work today. Don't tell anyone, but I'm totally sneaking out of here early today.

Christmas was wonderful. Unfortunately, my parents were not able to get to us because their flight was canceled. We didn't allow that to get us down. So this was our first Christmas sans Illinois and family. I swear each year that state seeps out of me more and more.

We got a new dog on Saturday. We weren't planning on speaking of it until we knew it was going to work out. Looks like this one's a keeper. She's white with brown ears and much smaller than the others. We have no name for her yet. Her racing name was Ageless. She's very sweet and calm and reserved.

Christmas morning was beautiful. We opened presents and played with our toys. We bought each other inline skates so we were outside skating around (it was quite warm and sunny). Our street was so quiet and peaceful. Other people were outside walking around and smiling at each other.

Our Christmas dinner was huge since I was planning on cooking for four. We had the traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. I also made oyster dressing for the first time (typically southern fare, or "soul food"). And the highly-desired corn pudding. For dessert, I made a chocolate layer cake.

A Christmas Story played on our TV all day and I took a nap for the first time in years. Lynette even took a picture of it.

Yesterday was nice, too. I imagine this whole week will be quite festive and cheery. Good thing I got enough Christmas sweaters to last the week.

No comments: