Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Indy!

Don't worry, I got my ticket. I know some of you were concerned about me being to see my old friend Indiana Jones on Thursday, so I'm here to put your mind at ease.

I'm taking Thursday off. I convinced Lynette to do the same. I went online and purchased our tickets to the 12:45 showing of the movie which happens to be the first one.

Some of of you may think that this behavior is a bit odd. Or somewhat obsessive. On the surface, I would agree with you. But Indiana Jones was such a large part of my childhood that I feel like I owe it to him (him?) to make these special arrangements to see the movie on opening day.

I had a Temple of Doom poster in my bedroom. I still own every issue of the failed comic book. I even wrote a letter to Harrison Ford and received an autographed photo from him a few years later.

And... and I bought a fedora and wore it in public with pride. My own personal homage to Indiana Jones.

These next fews days ramping up to the opening has my stomach in knots. This is the first time in a very long time that I've gotten this excited about a movie. I'm truly feeling like a 12 year old again. I told Lynette if only we could go to Pizza Hut afterwards and order a pitcher of pop and drink it out of those red plastic cups and play the table-top Centipede arcade game while we wait for our pizza.

I may shed a tear when John Wiliams' famous Indiana Jones score reaches my ears for the first time in nineteen years...

No comments: