Friday, June 20, 2008

Pee @ Three

So last night something happened that has never happened before: Leia woke us up at three AM because she needed to go outside. Never in the six months that we've had her has she woken us up in the middle of the night to go out.

She got out of bed. Walked into the living room and started barking. Barking, another thing she rarely does. At first, I thought I had to reach for my Louisville Slugger, but the thought of me running out into the living room of our tiny condo, bat in hand, saying, "What is it, girl?" kept me from doing that.

Instead, I mumbled, "I think she has to go out." And like a good husband, I said to Lynette, "You do it." But then I got out of bed and did it myself. Because I don't want to be that guy who sends his half-asleep wife outside at three o'clock in the morning.

So we went out. Stumbling. Yawning. Depressed because I knew every home in sight had people fast asleep in warm, cozy beds.

There's no climactic end to this story either. Leia didn't pee for five minutes straight or let loose a stream with fire hose strength. It was just a normal, run-of-the-mill urination. If it were fireworks, this would've been one of those lame snakes.

In other news, humans have discovered ice on Mars.

No comments: