Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Odd Shirt

How do we deal with change? How do we do it? Seriously. On paper it seems easy, right? Change comes and we deal with it. Easy peasy. But every once in a while our patience is tested with unexpected change and those grandiose, flowery ideas of "rolling with the punches" fly out the window.

(What is JC talking about? Something must have happened, oh my!)

Be warned, my story is dull. I won't be upset if you click away. But after a very long weekend I returned to work and received an email riddled with change. On the surface, it's no big deal and I won't bore you with the details. In the end, everything will be fine and dandy.

My point here though is that for a few minutes I was furious and angry. I'm fairly good at dealing with unexpected change, but it made me wonder how the rest of the world does it. I suppose a lot don't. I suppose it can be narrowed down to how much patience one has.

(No, my desk was not moved to the basement. But if they try to take my stapler I'm gonna burn this mother down!)

So here I am. Sitting at work dealing with change. Maybe I'm not dealing with it very well given that I have taken to the internet with my tales of woe.

No comments: