Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Electro-Automatic Words n' Stuff

My Annotated Morning Story:

  • Sitting on the train.
  • Reading A Game of Thrones on my Kindle.
  • Get knocked on the head with a big purse as a woman passed by.
  • Looked at woman and noticed a friendly smile on her face.
  • Decided not to get angry.
  • Continued to read A Game of Thrones on my Kindle.
Moral of the story: The Kindle kicks ass! A Game of Thrones only cost me $4 and I didn't have to go to a store to get it. I highly recommend an eReader. Kindle, Nook, whatever. The Sony eReader seems to be gaining popularity because I have seen three of them in the wild in the last week.

I read a few "real" books over the last couple weeks and it felt weird and awkward. I even tried reading a real book while standing on the train with disastrous results (like dominoes we toppled!)

4 comments:

Cooper Family said...

I think another reason I don't like ereaders is the idea that they can fail. There's enough technology in my life that I'm never quite sure if it will perform when I need it to, and it's nice to know that a book will work every single time I pick it up.

JC said...

If you go through life thinking like that then I'll assume the horse you rode to work is hitched up in front of your building.

Lucky1304 said...

I came so close to winning a Nook at an unbelieveable price at a recent auction. I'm sure I would have used it, but I admit that I'm still very much a paper and cover book lover at heart. Of course, I have made room in my heart for the audio book out of sheer necessity, so I suppose I could learn to love the Nook (or similar). Honestly, though, my current campaign is for a cell phone from this century.

Lucky1304 said...

Plus, $4 for a book is awesome for sure, but I'm so cheap that as long as I can get a book for free (library), I'm all over it.