Monday, October 25, 2010

Giant Rangers

People who don't watch baseball:  First, I pity you and your lack of taste. Second, you missed some great baseball recently.

The Texas Rangers beat the New York Yankees (of all teams) to make it to the World Series for the first time ever.  (Ever!)  I can only imagine how the people of Arlington, Texas are feeling right now.  And then the San Francisco Giants beat the Philadelphia Phillies in one of the most intense bottom-of-the-ninth innings I ever watched.  And now the World Series which begins on Wednesday night will be some of the best baseball that no one will watch.  No superstar Yankees.  No down on their luck, sappy Red Sox. No Brett Favre.  Just two teams that would sacrifice a testicle to win. 

I'm pulling for the Rangers because I was thoroughly impressed that the team used ginger ale instead of champagne during their celebration because one of their own is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic.  That's respect and those guys get my vote.  

No comments: