Friday, October 15, 2010

Post Anger

Not that Hank Stuever reads my blog, or anyone who knows Hank Stuever, or anyone who has ever heard of Hank Stuever, but this morning's Washington Post review of last night's LIVE episode of 30 Rock was a travesty.

Firstly, I'm not saying you have to be a fan of 30 Rock. (But usually people who say they don't like 30 Rock are people who don't "get it.") (Kidding.)

I knew his review was headed for the shitter when Mr. Stuever (if that's her real name) mentioned the cameo appearance of the "much-missed" Rachel Dratch.  Seriously?  Dratch was the first season's weakest link, you dolt!  Then Mr. Stuever said for people not fascinated by the behind-the-scenes goings-on of Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock seems like a pre-Office chore.  A pre-Office chore!  Has this dude been stuck in a mine for the last three years? (Too soon?) 30 Rock has always aired AFTER The Office until this season, AND everyone knows The Office has been steadily (slowly) sucking these last few seasons.  30 Rock has only been getting better.  Then Stuever said "some of our DVRs have a few unwatched episodes of 30 Rock in the queue."  Look, folks, I'll let you in on a secret... If 30 Rock gets DVRed it's the first thing that gets watched the moment you get back from where ever you felt was more important to be than at home watching 30 Rock.

I know I'm being a tad bit dramatic.  I know I don't sound very objective right now.  But come on, they did the episode live last night!  Holy shit!  And it was great!  If a small child approaches me and proudly shows me some artwork crafted with beans and pipe cleaners my response to that kid isn't going to be, "Nice. Hey, didn't you shit your pants last week?" 

Here's the funny thing: I work across the street from the Washington Post.  I probably stood behind Hank Stuever this morning at Jack's Deli.  If I had known it was him would I have the coconuts to disagree with his lame review of 30 Rock?  Probably not. 

You don't have to like what I like, but if you're going to criticize it at least know what you're talking about. 

Trivia Question:  How many years in a row did 30 Rock win the Emmy for best comedy?  (Boom.)

No comments: