Thursday, December 2, 2010

Molehill

I found a fairly large screw on the floor of my cubicle and spent nearly ten minutes trying to locate its home.  Conclusion: It doesn't belong here, this large screw.  Or, one wrong move and these walls come crashing down.

But seriously, where the heck does this large screw belong.  It's not the type of screw one can ignore without thinking a disaster is just waiting to happen without it.

So here it sits on my desk, a reminder that at any moment... Wait!  I think I found where it goes!

Nope.  I'll just have to go through my day wondering when or if this cube falters and tumbles to the floor taking my seemingly comfortable environment with it. Or not.

I also put a lot of faith in those grates on the sidewalk.  I could take the extra time to walk around them, but if I start doing that then how long will it take before I start wearing tin foil hats? I step on those grates with complete faith.

This large screw shall sit here on my desk and be my reminder not to worry about the small things in life.

No comments: