Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two Amazing Happenings (aka Miracles)

There's this thing about God that I've been wrestling with for nearly a year.  I can't provide direct evidence of the existence of God.  I've no photographs to share. No plaster casted footprints lifted from a snowy hillside to prove that He/She/It exists. 

What I do have are two prayers seemingly answered.  Can it be chalked up as coincidence? Of course.  Does it perpetuate my wrestling? Most definitely. 

In September 2010, I prayed for the first time in my life.  Honest, whole-hearted prayers.  I prayed to God for two things:  That Lynette would get pregnant with our first child, and that God would spare Lynette's mother from a premature death due to the cancer that was discovered in her body last year.  Today Lynette is six months pregnant with our son, and this morning we found out that Lynette's mother's CA125 count is 27. 

The CA125 count is indicative of the number of cancer cells in the body.  A normal, undiagnosed person has a CA125 count of 35 or less. 

I've never considered whether or not I believe in miracles.  Likewise, I'm not too certain about magic either, but I can say that ever since joining a church and returning back to Christianity good things have been happening in my life.  Whatever this is I'm going to do my best to keep it going. 

No comments: