Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All Aboard the Garbage Train!

What kind of person are you?

When the garbage train creaks slowly by while you're standing on the Metro platform waiting to be zipped into the city for your new day of trivialities, encasing you and everyone else within its moving radius of stench far more awful than the new car smell you're accustomed to, do you

A.  Say something loudly (and annoyingly obvious) as if the world needs one more arrogant person's commentary on what we're all painfully enduring; OR

B. Shut the fuck up and deal with it like an adult.

Yes, I recognize the irony of this post. But seriously, it's like God placed these people in my way like obstacles I have to hurdle.  Yes, we get it, you don't like the stink.  Guess what - none of us do, jackass.   Also, this is probably the first time in my ten years of using the Metro that I have experienced watching a garbage train pass by.  I think the garbage train ruined some people's days today.  "I spent too much time growing up in my affluent neighborhood and worked too hard in my expensive college earning my way into this white collar job to have to stand here and smell garbage on a Tuesday morning!" 

It's times like these, Universe, when I revert back to my mantra:

No matter how bad or rough or annoying  I think things are in life at least I haven't been floating on a life boat for thirty days fighting off sharks with an oar as they jump into my boat and try to eat me.  (Read the book Unbroken if you want some perspective in life.)

If you've had to do this at any point in your life, then please by all means complain about the smell of garbage as it's magically whisked away from your dainty fingers far, far away into a land you don't even know exists, through neighborhoods you couldn't care less about.  Assholes.

No comments: