Monday, August 11, 2008

Movie Review: The Dark Knight

I saw The Dark Knight over the weekend.

After mulling it over for a couple days, I'm ready to let you know what I think:

My opinion is quite simple... The Dark Knight is three movies...

1. As a regular, stand-alone type of movie, to be compared with all other movies, it's ok. Just ok. I mean it's an action movie and there's explosions and violence and good guys and bad guys chasing each other blah blah blah. But it's ok.

2. As a superhero/comic book movie, it's wonderful. Batman is finally portrayed in the dark light that it should've always been. This movie pleases us comic book nerds. It does the Batman brand name justice. And the direction is very stylish and cool.

3. As a Heath Ledger movie, it's phenomenal. If he hadn't of died, this role would have catapulted him into super-stardom. His portrayal of The Joker was nothing short of genius. As I was watching the movie, I found myself wanting more of him as The Joker. All the other stuff grew more and more annoying because it was keeping me from watching Ledger play The Joker.

No comments: