Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Friday, Everybody!

Hi. It's Friday. You should be happy. The long week is over.

If you're a Cubs fan (which I've been reported to be), it's a bittersweet day: Kerry Wood was let go by the Cubs yesterday. Even though I've been saying they should have gotten rid of him a long time ago, I will miss him. It was always exciting to see number 34 on the mound (Probably because it was a rare sight considering he was hurt more than not.) For me personally, Kerry Wood's rookie year was the same year I began my love affair with baseball, 1998. He and I share that year. In June of '98, he struck out 20 batters in a single game. And my respect for him grew this year when he decided to step down as a starter and pitch in relief. So, whatever team ends up getting him, I'll be slightly jealous.

In honor of Kerry Wood, let's make a list of cool things:

1. Possible Arrested Development movie? That would be cool.
2. Making the perfect omelette. It's all about the right pan.
3. Rum and ginger ale. My new favorite drink.
4. Not getting laid off. In today's economic climate, keeping a job is like getting a job.
5. Donuts. Even now, after all the exercising and healthy lifestyle changes, you still can't deny the power of the donut.
6. Video games. A whole slew of new games just came out: Call of Duty World at War, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet...
7. Red sweaters with one horizontal stripe going across the chest.
8. Detective Comics. The art is fantastic and the covers blow me away.
9. The new Blackberry Storm. I'm so getting one.

You got something cool to add to the list? Just post a comment here, turkey.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

10. Bears/Packers game circa November 3, 1985.