Friday, May 15, 2009

Embracing Change; Or, Whatevs; Or. Mmm, Chips

Today is the last day I will be driving my car to work. Starting Monday, I will be using the Metro (subway).

There are three reasons for this change:

1. Starting Monday, the 14th Street bridge will be under construction for two years and it will destroy the world.

2. No more free parking. I gave up violin lessons, DC government gave up giving me free parking.

3. My job is relocating to a place where parking is a fantasy.

The upside (because every sordid tale's got one):

Lynette will start using my car for her commute. And I will be getting a lot more reading done on the train. And I don't have to worry about stupid people pissing me off on the road. Everyone except me is a driving moron. Write it down.

Also, I could use a change of pace. Things were getting a little stale around here. But like chips, you eat 'em anyway because, hey, it's chips. And there isn't a fresh bag anywhere within grasp.

No comments: