Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Stuff.

It's been rainy. I don't care. I like it.

Told myself to start reading more. I'm making a concerted effort to pick up a book rather than the TV remote. I used to read a lot when I was a Metro commuter.

I'm a hockey fan now. I never realized how exciting the games can be. So much anticipation. So little game stoppage. Plus, I like the sound of the skates on the ice and the clicking of puck on stick. It helps that our local team is doing very well, too.

I burned my hand last night while whisking a bachumel sauce. (Does that sound snooty?) Anyway, I did and it still hurts. You should see it. You'd pity me if you saw it.

Been listening to a lot of Deep Tracks on XM. It's old classic rock, but way deep into the genre. It transports me back to the late Sixties when crazy long-haired people were just getting their rock and roll sea legs. It's good music to paint the walls to.

My alarm is now set for 4:20 AM. I have to get the gym by 5:00 AM in order to give myself enough time to exercise before work. It's hard, but when it's over for the rest of the day I feel like I have an advantage over every one else in the world. Except for that distiguished, pipe-smoking, white mustachioed man who gave me a wink and nod as he crossed 14th Street. He must've got up earlier than me.
JC

No comments: