Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trains, Asses, and David Gergen.

We just had the "official" meeting where the bosses "informed" us that our office is moving temporarily. I say "informed" because this is information we all had for several weeks. (It's always sweet when the boss says they want to keep us informed.)

Now I'm feeling like that episode of The Office when Stamford moved into the office at Scranton because the space we're moving to is already occupied by a different governmental department. I'm sure someone will give me the stink eye when I try to jam my lunch into the refrigerator. Or when I make someone wait behind me while I fax.

By the way, the bets are in... "temporary" means one year or more. Always take the time-frame provided and multiply by 4.

Also, we'll be right next door to CNN, so maybe I'll run into Wolf Blitzer or John King or Roland Martin.


In other news, day two of my triumphant return to public transportation seems to be proving successful. My new hobby is sitting next to people who clearly don't want anyone sitting next to them. I used to yell at taxi drivers, now I press the side of my ass against the side of someone else's ass if they don't move over enough. In the side-ass showdown I always win.

No comments: