Monday, April 5, 2010

Go Cubs Go (And Nats)

It's a glorious day, Cub fans. Baseball is back. Time to put the brainless, Michael Bay-like sport of football back in the closet for the summer and turn on the radio and kick back with a Budweiser and a day game broadcast from Wrigley Field. I bought a new Cubs hat online and excitedly await its arrival later this week. I'm not going to make any predictions about how the Cubbies will do this year, but I do predict that if I wear my new fitted hat enough this summer my Cubs hat should be broken in nicely come October.

I have made a decision to follow the Nationals more closely this year, too. I'll never let go of my Cub roots, but if I plan on living here for the foreseeable future I should probably embrace the home team. Plus, how could I expect the next generation of Carlocks to be a fan of a team 700 miles away? I'm a fair man. If we ever have kids I will allow he/she/them to be Nationals and/or Redskins fans.

I guess the core of this post is that this is my home now.

No comments: