Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mass Effect 2

Video game update (for my friends who are gamers and those who want to be):

I am currently playing Mass Effect 2. It's been advertised as an RPG, but technically it's an action-adventure game with RPG elements thrown in. And that's why I love it. RPGs tend to get a little too technical for my attention span, but this game - holy cow - it's great.

The setting is space and you play Sheppard, a soldier reconstructed (brought back from the dead) to lead a crew aboard a ship called the Normandy. I'm only a quarter of the way through the game and so far I am still assembling my team, but it has been a blast traveling to different planets and solar systems in search of my crew, each with their own storyline in which you play an integral part convincing them to join you. Think Star Trek, but with excitement and action and creative aliens and environments.

*If your birthday's coming up now's a good time to ask for an Xbox 360 so that you can play this game!