Thursday, April 29, 2010

NEO

Traffic does funny things to people.

There I was sitting on 9th St. in downtown DC stuck in traffic when a bus honked at me. In the bus driver's defense, I was blocking the intersection. I shouldn't have been there "blocking the box." I was wrong. I made a mistake. But he pulled up along side me, opened his window and told me I needed to learn how to be more patient. Considering my knee-jerk response to this guy was going to be, "Go fuck yourself," I held my tongue, took a deep breath, and said, "Sir, you have no idea how patient I am." We both laughed.

Then I gave him the finger as I was pulling away.

The moral of the story: Of all the Zip Cars I drive the Toyota Matrix has been one of my favorite so far. It's a very nice car.

Psst. I didn't really give the bus driver the finger. The real moral of the story is don't do what JC did a block the fucking box, asshole.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I was sad to read you didn't actually give him the finger. I burst out laughing at that part.

But that stuff only happens in the movies. If you actually gave him the finger, you'd end up paying for it somehow. Like, never getting a Toyota Matrix again...or better yet, you'd get the rentals that Josh Gates gets on Destination Truth. But I would never wish that upon you.

Speaking of which, I wasn't kidding about Destination Truth. Once you realize it's more about the journey than the findings, it's a way better show. I love Josh Gates! (nerd alert)

Cooper Family said...

hehehe...box...