Wednesday, September 29, 2010

In-between

The true artist knows exactly what to wear during these trying times.  Fall is upon us, the mornings are barely chilly, the afternoons seemingly blazing.  If I wear a jacket or sweater in the morning then I'm caught carrying that thing around in the afternoon like a freshly hunted carcass I plan to skin later.  And if I walk out the door with the afternoon Sun on my mind I'll be secretly freezing as I wait at the bus stop in the cool morning mist. 

I've never ridden a horse.  Or a motorcycle.  I reckon if I make either a horse or a motorcycle my mode of conveyance the appropriate garb will work itself out.  Imagine stables rather than parking garages.  How would we treat one another if we were all riding horses to work?

I would name my horse Victory.

No comments: