Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank You.

Dear Veterans,

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the decisions our country has made and how foolishly it has put you in harm's way, please know that I whole-heartedly thank each and every one of you.  In my heart I am hopeful for mankind and his ability to create peace, but in my brain I know evil lurks in dark corners of the world.

I would also like to thank all the families that had to endure the absence and/or loss of a loved one to the service of our country.  Sacrifices are made by the entire community and the pain is never suffered in vain.

Lastly, I offer a prayer to all the innocent people and families around the world who were made to suffer the consequences of wars fought by all the armies of all time.  You are the true cost of battle and your needless pain is a travesty.  May God point us in a direction where war is never the answer.

No comments: