Tuesday, January 25, 2011

JC's Book Club

I'm currently reading Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resiliance, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. So far it's been quite the page turner. In short, it's the story of a man who became an Olympic runner and later a prisoner of war during WWII. Early opinion: the author has sacrificed style for story, meaning I sense this book was probably much longer, but the editor made drastic cuts to make it more palatable for the reading public. The only reason I say that is because this is the same author who gave us Seabiscuit - and that was turned into a big Hollywood movie. So with that said there are many, many details I found myself wanting as I hurried along with the progression of the story. It's still good though. I'll go ahead and recommend it.

No comments: