Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Guitar Solos

More people should get recognition for not speaking.  For not saying every little thing that is on their minds.  We are so programmed to advertise our everything. What did we do before Twitter and Facebook allowed us to publish status updates thereby baring our souls to the electronic world?

That's not a rhetorical question - seriously, what did we do?  How did we quench our narcissism?  I had a journal in high school full of terrible poetry about a girl that had no interest in me (good, wrenching stuff), but I knew that the only people who would read it were the souls of dead grandparents as they looked over my shoulder.  If you believe in that sort of thing. I can't imagine it held much interest considering they could easily be spending time playing ping pong with Janis Joplin or lounging in Jesus' grotto with Dean Martin and Sammy Davis. 

What would I be doing if I wasn't writing in this blog?  Not filling the imaginary void I suppose. 

No comments: