Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Social Network

Aside from my own morbid curiosity regarding the genesis of Facebook and how it is revolutionizing not only the internet, but also how we communicate as a society, I am also very much into the style of the film itself.  In short, I'm blown away by it. David Fincher and Aaron Sorkin have created a masterpiece.  And Trent Reznor's score is the cherry on top.  Here's a scene: 



When this movie first came out I dismissed it as some schlocky teenie movie about cool kids and Justin Timberlake, but I was wrong.  This movie should be ranked very high.  My penchant for all things technological may have skewed my leanings here, but considering how many people utilize Facebook in the world I see this film as a successful (unofficial) retelling of what kind of people it takes to start a revolution. 

No comments: