Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Journey Through Time and Elastic

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I'm about 93% sure that I'm switching back to briefs.  Tighty Whities.  I bought some last weekend and been wearing them sporadically to the gym and to bed.  In comparison to the boxers I wear during the day at work I find myself yearning for the snug comfort of briefs.  It's been since high school since I wore briefs.  Before I lost my virginity.  Freshman or Sophomore year maybe.  Putting them on felt very strange at first.  But then I started thinking, "Why did I stop wearing these?"  Society dictated that boxers were cool and briefs were for basement dwelling, booger eaters.  But I have to give my objective opinion and state that briefs are more comfortable. 

Yes, I tried "boxer briefs."  Several times.  But those are for men who really want the comfort of briefs, but are too cowardly to make the jump.  Like people who buy SUV's instead of minivans, which is really what they need/want.  Also, boxer briefs ride up and make the world a miserable place.  Most of life's irritations are probably due to some asshole trudging through a day of boxer briefs riding up his thighs.

So, I think it's time I take my junk back in time and embrace the briefs.

*Photos available upon request.

No comments: