Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nosey! (What's JC Into Lately?)




Here's what I'm into lately:

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
, by David Wroblewski, has been my summer read. Friend E informed me of this book and I've been hooked ever since page one. (Yes, I'm a slow reader and it'll take some time for me to get through it.) The story is an interpretation of Hamlet set in northern Wisconsin and the main character is a mute boy who trains dogs.

Fate, by Dr. Dog, is an album I read about in a couple magazines. The reviews were positive and my curiosity was piqued. It released on Tuesday so I purchased it that night. It's very good. I have already listened to the entire album four times. Dr. Dog's songs have been likened to the Beatles and the Beach Boys, but with a modern alt twist.

Watchmen, by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, is the comic book that changed the way comic books were written forever. Published in the mid-eighties, it still stands as one of the greatest graphic novels ever created.

Chicken Fried Rice, from any take-away joint. I'm hooked on the stuff.

No comments: