Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dear Cubs

I've been doing some thinking.

I think I'm going to become a White Sox fan. Aside from being extremely upset with you, it makes perfect sense. My dad is a White Sox fan. He grew up on the south side of Chicago. I was raised in a White Sox house. I feel compelled to return to my roots.

I became a Cubs fan (and baseball fan in general) in 1998 during the home run race between Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire. My dad never said anything, but it must have disappointed him a little to see his youngest don Cubbie blue. And, coincidentally, all his sons became Cubs fans. I can wear Sox black with pride knowing I'd be making my dad proud.

Also, screw you Cubs. Maybe if enough of us jump ship you'll start to understand how much you've hurt us.

In the end, at least for now, I'll be wearing a Sox hat out of spite.

No comments: