Monday, August 16, 2010

That's no moon!

Had a Star Wars weekend. Star Wars Celebration V took place in Orlando, Florida to commemorate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back.  Awesomely, XM devoted an entire channel to the four-day celebration and it was AWESOME.

The festival of all things Star Wars culminated with "The Main Event" which was an interview of George Lucas conducted by Jon Stewart.  The interview was not broadcast, but one sneaky nerd recorded the whole thing and posted it on YouTube (in eight parts).  It was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, cool.

I should've been there...

Anyway, Mr. Lucas revealed some big news:  All six movies will be released on Blu-Ray next year. Albeit, the "special editions" and not the original versions.  Also, the Blu-Ray versions will have never-before-seen deleted scenes from episodes 4, 5, and 6.

I should've been there!

Check out this life-sized TIE Fighter that was present at the convention: LINK

Seriously, why wasn't I there?

Inspired, I ran out and opened up my laptop and ordered the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD.  Yes, I was ridiculed for not already owning them.  I also purchased the video game The Force Unleashed.  I'm entering a Star Wars phase (again) so if you hear Wookie noises coming down our hallway, best you turn around and head in the other direction.

The Top 100 Star Wars characters according to IGN: LINK

No comments: