Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Repercussions

You'd be supernatural if you knew when to take big risks.  But risks wouldn't be risks if the outcome was already known.  Those would just be decisions.  Regular like.  Some decisions have long lasting repercussions and some are forgotten as soon as they're made.  Lynette and I are on the verge of making a big decision.  A decision that will slightly change our geography.  Still, moving is always a momentous event in a life.  It's hard, but the temporary stress will lead to a home large enough to raise a family for many decades (hopefully).  Not that I couldn't pull it off in a Little House on the Prairie Michael Landon style home with the kids sleeping in the rafters above the kitchen table.  But I'd be lying if I said maneuvering around strollers in my kitchen wasn't starting to drive me mad.  I started day dreaming of the day when I can wash my car in the driveway.  In sixteen years I will teach James how to change a tire, just like my dad taught me.  In the driveway.  And like my dad before me, I'll have a garage with tools, which James will be forbidden to touch for fear of a father's wrath.  Good times.

   

No comments: