Sunday, June 27, 2010

iPhone 11


So, Lynette spent our 11th anniversary in a mall. Want to guess why? Yes, I got the iPhone 4, BUT a great day was had by all. Seriously. I stood in a line for one and a half hours while Lynette shopped for jeans. Win - win.


Also, we made a VERY exciting trip to Zales. Lynette can tell you all about it on her blog later.

Regarding the iPhone 4, it is wonderful. Having been a iPhone 3G owner previously, the iPhone 4 is all kinds of better. Plus, I got the 32GB so it now doubles as my main iPod. I now carry my ENTIRE music collection on my phone. And it has a 5 megapixel camera with flash and an HD video camera. That means it has also taken the place of my point and shoot digital camera AND our HD Flip camera. If there's one thing I always have on me it's my phone... so when I see Bigfoot next I will have no excuse for not getting a video or picture.

This baby kicks ass. It's everything a smart phone should be and the reason why all those other phone companies are trying to be the iPhone. Nicely done, Apple.

PS: At first, I was not able to replicate the reception issues (aka holding the phone with my left hand), but then last night while I was sitting on the toilet I think I may have experienced it. I pressed my hand at the point where the two antennas meet thereby completing some sort of antenna circuit and the bars went down. However, I never lost the signal. But then this morning while sitting here at work I cannot replicate the problem. I've had my hand pressed on the spot for a long time now and nothing. There is a rumor circulating on the internet that Apple is developing a software update to fix it, but all mention of this rumored update has been removed from all the Apple web site forums. In other words, if Apple decides to fix this problem, they will never say so.

No comments: