Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Price Wars! Pew! Pew! Pew!

As soon as Barnes and Noble lowered the price of the Nook to $199 yesterday, Amazon lowered the price of the Kindle to $189 today. If you've been on the fence regarding this device now is the time to pull the trigger. As an owner of one of these babies I can tell you I absolutely love it. The books are cheap, I don't have to order anything and wait for the mail or drive to a store that may or may not have what I'm looking for, and I don't have to lug around large tomes. And I love instant gratification (books are purchased and ready to read in less than 60 seconds).

And to make things even more interesting, Barnes and Noble released a wifi-only version of the Nook for $149! Keep in mind with this version you must be within range of a wifi signal to download books, whereas the other versions offer free 3G coverage and you can download books wherever the heck you may be.

But if you're looking for books to decorate your shelves with then this ain't the contraption for you, brother. (Breaking MC's balls.)


Also, if you're seen with a Kindle, girls will want to date you.

2 comments:

Cooper Family said...

Ow! My balls! It feels like I dropped a real book on them!

Lynette said...

That was me, returning your Lewis Carroll - zing.


JK - I havent' read it yet.

Jas, I'm glad you like your Kindle.