Friday, April 20, 2012

Two Things

What a great and peculiar week.  First, Lynette sees the Space Shuttle Discovery flying overhead prompting her to pull the car over on Interstate 395 with the rest of the traffic and stare in awe as a 747 made several low passes over Washington DC with a freakin' spaceship strapped to its back.

Then, earlier today Lynette called me to say that my current favorite band, Trampled by Turtles, is getting ready to play in studio and I'm welcome to come and watch.  (Racing to Sirius XM while listening to banjo music = not a good idea, though I did make excellent time.)  They played for an hour and I had my own personal concert.  They have 2 sold out shows at the 9:30 Club in DC this weekend, but I was lucky enough to see what none of those concert goers will see.  Plus, I got to meet the banjo player, Dave, and we had brief conversation about banjos and babies.

These are moments in life that feed the soul.  

No comments: